The program is designed to accomplish the following goals:
- To engage participants in rigorous, inquiry-based instruction and research experiences.
- To develop a greater understanding of the research process and to acquire the fundamental skills used in all research.
- To increase students' ability to utilize technology.
- To forge partnerships between student participants and practicing researchers.
- To engage students and researchers in designing, executing, analyzing, and presenting original research.
- To encourage students to evaluate the ethical implications of recent scientific and technological advances.
- To expose participants to current information on science/mathematics/technology-related fields, baccalaureate programs, careers, and additional research opportunities.
Please call 704.687.8726 to obtain more information on the program.