Welcome to UNC Charlotte’s Child and Family Development Program. The purpose of the program is summarized in our vision:
To assure the development of competent, diverse professionals who support the potential of every family and child, prenatal through early childhood, using a developmental framework within the context of their evolving cultural, community, and societal systems.
Defining principles of the program include:
1. Recognition of and competence in cultural, linguistic, and ability diversity;
2. Opportunities to apply knowledge and skills embedded in all coursework;
3. Significant practica experiences in a variety of settings (e.g., home, hospital, agency, school) with infants, toddlers, and
preschoolers, as well as their families;
4. Provision of support to children and families through a developmental lens; and
5. Emphasis upon evidence-based knowledge and skills to ensure highly effective graduates.
Contact information and detailed information about each of our programs is available by clicking on the specific program listed on the left-hand side of this page.